Raisin & Nut Integral Wheat Sweet Bread
All ingredients must be at room temperature. I use a Black & Decker bread maker, you must adapt this recipe to your technique.
- 1¼ cup of milk (any milk. I use coconut milk)
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoon of honey (more or less to your tastes)
- 3 tablespoon of butter (I use less butter, now)
- 3 cups of integral wheat (if you’re not used to integral wheat, you can mix it with white flour to lighten the taste. Note that if you only use white flour, you might want to add only 1 cup of milk)
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of old fashion brown sugar
- ½ to 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 2½ teaspoon of active yeast (I use the Lallemend yeast, but any will do if you can adjust)
- 1 cup of raisins
- 1 cup of pecans or walnuts
I use the function #6 (sweet bread) of my Black & Decker bread maker. I set it for a 2 lbs bread. If you use a bread maker, I suggest you start with the LIGHT crust function, since this bread is very good as toasts.
Notes: The more integral wheat you use, the more the bread will be easy to break. The use of vegetable milk, like coconut milk, might lead to the same results.
According to my calculations, the whole loaf contains about 4600 calories